Thursday 6 November 2014

Nanowrimo

November is National Novel Writing month.  This is the second year that I have participated, last year I wrote a contemporary novel titled "Prime" and achieved the 50,000 words in a rough draft which is stored away for another look down the track. I remember writing so much "back story" that I didnt get the story finished even though I had completed the 50,000 words.

This year I am writing "The Dark Hours", a macabre tale about a young woman who goes back to her childhood home to seek refuge and escape the unhappiness and insominia that plagues her, only to find returning home is also a return to the nightmares that haunted her during the dark hours. I've done a little planning but find the story evolves more as my fingers are typing on the keyboard. 

I have played around with images for the Nanowrimo site, these covers are NOT intended for the sale of the book, should I get that far with it.

A site recommended to me and used by friends is fiverr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment